Monday, September 7, 2009

Maybe I'd be better at interpretive dance...

It's official. I'm a hermit. For the past week I have avoided nearly all social situations. I'm not quite sure what's gotten into me. Maybe I just needed a break from the scene. Hanging out with friends and mingling with people sounds like fun, but I can't get the energy or motivation to actually do it. Talking and being around people at this point is exhausting to me. Maybe my phone breaking is like some sort of sign that I need this social vacation.

My apologies to those I've been flaky with. I'm usually a pretty reliable friend; if I say I'm going to be somewhere, I'm there. I realize this extreme isolation is a little out of character for me. And to those friends I have hung out with...I'm sorry for being on another planet. I've been way too much in my head lately. Yeah I'm there in the room, half-engaged in the conversation, but I haven't really been there mentally. I know it's obvious I'm off in la la land; staring at the wall. I'm hoping I get out of this slump sometime soon.

Maybe it's the full moon? Whenever I feel like I need some alone time, me and Ge'nene call it "being a Libra." I guess we're known for being social butterflies and then going into periods of hiding. I wish blaming it on the stars was an acceptable excuse. How come Shakira gets to turn into a "she wolf" on a full moon but I can't go on a social hiatus without being a total asshole? Yes...I just compared my life to a Shakira video. See what I mean? My social skills are MORE than lacking these days. I feel like I'm just sorting through a lot of shit in my head lately, and if I were to put myself around other people I may just say/do whatever is on my mind at the time, and then I would be left to deal with the repercussions of my more than awkward actions. Is this making any sense? I can't even form my thoughts into comprehensible sentences.

This avoidant behavior will stop eventually. For now I think it's good for me to disappear for awhile. I'm still on facebook attempting to keep in touch. It's the best I can do right now. All I feel like doing is writing, laying out by the pool and spending time with my family and my puppies. I don't feel pressured to be a certain way around them.

Well I've got a tomato sandwich and some sunshine waiting for me. Hopefully another day under water and under the sun will bring some clarity to my cluttered head.

New hobby: pillow bandit.

No comments:

Post a Comment